You may not know it, but you don’t have to be tied to your local utility company. At least not as much as you are right now. Today we are lucky because the advances made in wind power makes it feasible for many homeowners to use it to supply their own energy needs.
Turbines have come a long way and now they are smaller and more efficient. If you are a homeowner looking for ways to save money, and maybe even help the planet at the same time, you owe it to yourself to read on.
I’ve done some research lately on wind turbines and wind energy. I’ve learned a lot. If you’ve ever wondered if wind energy is something you should use, but you aren’t sure, here is a list of things you should know:
1. Wind isn’t the only renewable energy source available today. There is solar and geo-thermal, to name just two.
2. Wind is one of the best for the largest number of people since wind is available anywhere and can still be generating electricity even at night.
3. Buying a turbine will be out of reach for many people. They are expensive so it will take you a long time to recoup that investment.
4. It is possible, easy even, to build your own. Since this option will only cost a few hundred dollars it is available to more people yet it will still produce the same amount of energy as a ‘store bought’ turbine.
5. Most home turbines can produce up to half of the electricity you’ll need. Of course that will vary depending on how much wind you get, the size of your turbine, and how much electricity you actually need.
There you go. I hope this information has made it easier for you to decide if you want to use wind power to cut energy bills. Whatever you decide, just remember, that you do have choices.